3) Tunnel or ferry?
The tunnel is cheaper if:
– You will spend fewer than two nights in the UK
– You can plan your trip in advance
– You do not mind travelling outside the busy times (evening, night and early morning)
– You do not want to waste your time on the ferry
The ferry is better if:
– You have to buy your ticket on the day of your trip
– You will need to stay in the UK for longer
– You want to enjoy your time on the ferry and you do not mind that it takes longer
The cheapest round trip from France to the UK is 2,600 CZK (100€).
The overall cost is 17,600 CZK or about 650 €.
And how valuable is your time? That is for you to decide.
– If you arrive in the UK during the holidays, the prices may be 2 or 3 times higher
– It is quicker to get on the train and the customs officers are nicer
– Whichever way you choose, there may be random checks that can take up to 30 minutes
– If you would like to make the trip even cheaper, ask around (for example in the relevant Facebook groups) whether anyone needs to have something transported on your way there or back
When passing Germeny you Must fill kontrolbuch in English